Tempe, AZ 85282
Length: Contracts start at 6 months, but opportunity for extension
Basic Job Functions:
· Management of Subcontracts, to support EPC Business Systems project, with contracts ranging from $10MM to $50MM by scope of work. Perform administrative duties as required for the management of the contracts.
· Proactively and relentlessly manage regional subcontractor supply base ensuring adequate labor/supervision and management with no adverse impact to EPC operations.
· Conduct business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal, ethical, and environmental issues.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams within the EPC organization to develop and implement improved means, methods, and tools to improve productivity and drive continuous cost reduction (CCR).
· Negotiate contractual terms & conditions, standard rates, delivery/schedule, contractual changes/change orders and claims evaluation.
- Mitigate operational disruptions and risk by proactively managing contractual terms and conditions, including drafting formal Legal notices, when necessary.
· Proactively and timely track, mitigate, and report risks and potential cost impacts to leadership.
· Generate reports and track spend on major areas; BOS, Civil, Structural
· Develop and foster relationships with key subcontractors regionally.
· Facilitate meetings across disciplines to enhance communications; Systems Development, Construction, Engineering, and Project Management.
· Liaise with Global Supply Chain and external service providers on product delivery schedules
· Effectively communicate with senior level executives both internally and externally
· Demonstrate expert project management skills by leading cross functional teams
- Manage the monthly Subcontractor invoice process for assigned projects.
· Manage and maintain project level insurance certificates for all Subcontractors on assigned projects.
· Partner with the Bid Process Team to facilitate accurate and timely RFPs.
· Develop and document processes for regional sourcing strategy with specific negotiation strategies to achieve cost, quality, lead time, delivery performance, flexibility, assurance, and risk mitigation objectives.
· Measure and report Subcontractor performance within defined spend category
· 5-8 Years of experience in all aspects of contracting (subcontract formation, administration, change orders, negotiation, etc.)
· Track record of successfully negotiating deals in a union and non-union construction environment
· Experience working in an engineered systems / project based business model
· Electrical utility or EPC contractor experience a plus
· Strong analytical abilities.
· Experience with Owner & subcontractor claims, mitigation measures and timely resolution to issues
· BS/BA degree preferred, plus 10 years of experience in a contracting or purchasing in an EPC construction environment, including contract formation & administration, change orders, negotiation, etc. Or MBA or JD plus 3 years of experience in contracting or purchasing in an EPC construction environment.
· Specific education in Legal or Construction preferred
- Requires strong contract and services abilities, understanding of company terms and conditions, SOx compliances, and accurate monitoring of changes to contracts from award to close out
- Strong analytical abilities.
- In depth knowledge of strategic and operational subcontracting processes & concepts.
- Industry certification preferred.
· Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs, extensive use of Excel and Pivot tables
· Knowledge of SAP a plus