Reston, VA 20190
· Originate and check structural engineering deliverables, such as steel and concrete calculations, specifications, material requisitions.
· Reviews and coordinates technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
· Prepare technical reports related to specific design issues.
· Participate in technical meetings and perform intra-discipline coordination.
· BS in structural/civil engineering from an accredited university or college, and 1 years progressive related experience.
· Experience with AISC Steel Construction Manual, ACI 318, and ASCE 7.
· BS/MS should emphasize structural analysis and design of steel and concrete structures.
· Passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) exam.
· Work experience should be directly related to the detailed design of concrete and steel structures.
· Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
· Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, and background check.
· Proficient in the use of Mathcad or similar software.
· Proficient in the use of structural analysis software such as GTSTRUDL, STAAD, or SAP 2000.
· Experience with CADD applications such as MicroStation or AutoCad.
· Experience with engineering deliverables such as drawings, specifications, and construction methods for concrete and steel structures.
· Knowledgeable of the provisions of ACI 349, AISC N690, ASCE 4-98, and IBC codes.
· Experience in the structural design of Nuclear and/or DOE facilities.
They need to be US Citizen or the ability to work in the US without sponsorship