Structural Engineers-3 Openings
Reston, VA 20190
· Originate and check structural engineering deliverables, such as steel and concrete calculations, specifications, material requisitions.
· Reviews and coordinates technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
· Prepare technical reports related to specific design issues.
· Participate in technical meetings and perform intra-discipline coordination.
· Assist in constructability reviews.
· Grade 23- BS degree in structural/civil engineering from an accredited university or college, and 1 year progressive related experience. In lieu of degree, 7 or more years of relevant experience.
· Grade 24- BS degree in structural/civil engineering from an accredited university or college, and 3 years progressive related experience. In lieu of degree, 9 or more years of relevant experience.
· BS/MS should emphasize structural analysis and design of steel and concrete structures.
· Experience with AISC Steel Construction Manual, ACI 318, and ASCE 7.
· Passed the Engineer in Training (EIT) exam or obtain EIT within 12 months of hire date.
· Must be a US citizen.
· Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education
· Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work site.
· Work experience for BS should be directly related to the detailed design of steel and concrete structures.
· Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
· Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Proficient in the use of structural analysis software such as GTSTRUDL, STAAD, or SAP2000.
· Proficient in the use of Mathcad or similar software.
· Knowledgeable of the provisions of ACI 349, AISC N690, ASCE 4, ASCE 7, and IBC codes.
· Experience with CADD applications, such as MicroStation or AutoCad.
· Experience with basic engineering deliverables, such as drawings, specifications, and material requisitions
Experience with methods of construction for concrete and steel structures for Nuclear and/or DOE facilities.