Structural Designers-3 openings
Reston, VA 20190
· Originate and check Civil/Structural deliverables of moderate complexity, including drawings and 3-D models for structural steel and concrete.
· Interpret and verify industry standards, guidelines, and codes for project deliverables.
· Report design quantities compared to estimated quantities.
· Participate in project design/model reviews.
· Participate in constructability reviews.
· Review and coordinate technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
· Grade 23- BS degree in structural/civil engineering from an accredited university or college, and 1 year progressive related experience. In lieu of degree, 7 or more years of relevant experience.
· Grade 24- BS degree in structural/civil engineering from an accredited university or college, and 3 years progressive related experience. In lieu of degree, 9 or more years of relevant experience.
· Must be a US citizen.
· Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education
· Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work site.
· Have a strong working knowledge of Microstation and be able to integrate engineering 3D Model input across multiple project disciplines.
· Have strong working knowledge of creating and modifying steel details in Tekla, knowledgeable in integrating models from Architectural and Structural Engineers, and experienced in BIM (Building Information Modeling) workflow process.
· Work experience should emphasize civil/structural design of heavy industrial type facilities.
· Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Familiar with provisions of AISC, ACI, IBC, and OSHA codes. Knowledge of construction materials and construction details and techniques.
· Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other disciplines associated with Facilities Design.
· Ability to independently execute the detailed design of civil/structural systems of moderate complexity.
· Thorough knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings and specifications.
· Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
· Experience in the structural design, steel and concrete, for Nuclear and/or DOE facilities.
AA degree in civil engineering or engineering technology