Sr. Tool Design Engineer Level III
Camden, AR 71701
Job Summary: In this role, you will design manufacturing tooling for the production of solid fuel rocket motors and warheads. Develops jigs, fixtures, lifting devices, and semi-automated equipment to cast and assemble the final product.
Working under limited general direction:
- 60% - Design mechanical equipment using Unigraphics NX CAD System.
- 30% - Interface with production, program and safety to develop requirements and tooling needs.
- 10% - Define existing equipment problems and design repairs and modifications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.E. Ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels.
- May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat.
- May also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary.
- Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations.
- May require the ability to travel by air or auto.
- These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
- Solid modeling and drawing experience in Unigraphics NX or PTC Creo software
- Must have experience using a solid modeling program such as Unigraphics NX, Pro-Engineer, AutoCad Inventor or Solid works.
- Must have working knowledge of air controls.
- Finite element stress analysis through Nastran, Ansys, etc. (Finite element analysis (FEA) is not a necessity but a bonus.
- Realistically, if we could get one out of four advertised candidates with 2 to 5 years of experience in that it would be ideal)
- Our two main software systems are Unigraphics NX and PTC Creo (also called Pro-Engineer). NX is our legacy system and Creo is what AR is moving to as a company, so our best candidates will be those that have experience in one of these packages.
- BS – Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and six (6) years of related technical experience in the design of tooling to support manufacturing (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). 8 years of applicable experience with no degree is appropriate. With an associate's, knock off two years – so an associate degree plus six years applicable experience.