Sr Project Engineer (Process Systems)
Houston, TX 77098 US
This role focuses on hydraulic expertise and applicants should have extensive experience in developing and reviewing hydraulic calculations.
Executes process systems major deliverables according to a set engineering design criteria utilizing approved engineering procedures and practices.
Prepares, coordinates, and reviews designs, studies, reports and proposals.
Uses specialized engineering hydraulic programs such as Flare System Analyzer (Flarenet), PIPENET, AFT Fathom, VMGSim, etc to interpret or complete calculations.
Uses 3D model software such as SmartPlant Review or PDSView in order to review the physical design of a plant or drive the client attended model review.
Takes the initiative to coordinate the detailed design development of a system with other engineering disciplines while managing workload and meeting schedule due dates.
- Hydraulic calculation development for pumps, compressors, control valves, and line sizing including complex configurations
- Flare system design including development from scratch of flare network configuration and sizing
- PSV inlet lateral sizing calculation development and review
- Design Pressure and Temperature Diagrams (DPDTs) development –analyzing and determining piping systems design conditions
- Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) development and review
- Line Designation Tables (LDTs) development and review –line lists with process and mechanical design conditions captured
- Technical Lists development –scoping documents such as equipment list, PSV list, Specialty Piping (SP) Items list
- 3D Model Review execution –organizing and running a review of the physical design of systems
- Vendor print review execution –commenting on deviations from a set of technical design criteria provided to a vendor
- HazOp review execution –organizing technical documentation and participating in a hazard and operability review of a system
- Speciality Piping (SP) item and Relief Valve Datasheet development –define a set of technical criteria and conditions for vendors to use to design engineered items
- A recognized degree in chemical or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university
- Excellent knowledge of technical theory, engineering principles, good engineering practices and how to apply them for design execution
- Familiarity with major regulations and industry codes and standards affecting standard design, quality, or processes
- Previous hydraulic calculation experience
- Experience in all areas listed in the summary and responsibility section
Level One - minimum 8 years relevant EPC design experience
Level Two –minimum 12 years relevant EPC design experience
Relevant industrial experience in multiple types of facilities such as:
Energy Transition (hydrogen production, CCS, methanol synthesis etc)