Sr Payroll Administrator
Houston, TX 77002
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sr Payroll Administrator will be responsible for researching and reconciling all payroll tax forms for each pay area. This role reconciles tax related data for pay areas in each pay cycle and other day to day payroll processes. Assist with auditing and reconciling quarterly and annual tax returns, to include the research and reconciliation of all 941 forms for each legal entity on a quarterly basis. Further responsibilities include balancing and handling all W-2 related data at year-end and communicating any changes or issues with third party vendors, such as UlitPro and IRS. Responsible for assisting in data gathering and research during internal and external audits. This position is also responsible for assisting the team in processing of payroll from beginning to end including working with other internal/external parties to obtain data timely. Prepare reconciliations and various funding requests with every payroll. Analyze payroll data, reports and forms for accuracy. Maintain payroll database integrity and reconciliation of internal / external data. Validating and auditing timesheets to ensure compliance and accurate payment. Generate on demand checks for corporate and site locations. Processing nonstandard payroll transactions including merit increases, bonuses, tax equalization, relocation, applicable tax gross ups, etc. Provide information as required to 3rd parties including short term disability administrators, IRS and state and local agencies. Processing termination payments in accordance with various state guidelines. Create variety of query reports to support payroll and site administrators. Develop and maintain desk procedures. Develop and maintain payroll metrics and reports as needed. Assist in payroll software transition including set up of pay rules, testing software and auditing data transitioned. Assist in special project work as requested
• Comprehensive knowledge of payroll
• Experienced professional with full understanding of payroll, including payroll taxes
• Makes decisions regarding own work, often in ambiguous situations; makes recommendations regarding own function/discipline.
• Solves operational problems and associated technical issues; modifies existing tools, techniques or processes.
• Works on moderate to complex problems.
• Uses independent judgment within defined policies and practices. Interprets guidelines, select methods, techniques and analytical approach.
• Little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
• May be designated project or technical lead for an ongoing process or short-term project within own department.
• Information sharing – gives and receives information such as options, technical direction, instruction and reporting results
Requirements: • Bachelor’ s degree with 5 years relevant payroll tax experience or an equivalent combination of both.
• Experience working with large volume payrolls and multiple legal entities/multi-state environments.
• Background in automated payroll systems and reporting tools
• Ultimate Payroll system experience strongly preferred; CPP preferred