Sr Mechanical Engineer
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
You will be working as part of the Mechanical Systems team designing and/or procuring the plant systems. You will be preparing technical reports and studies and design documentation, performing calculations using engineering software, and preparing specifications for complex mechanical equipment and supporting systems. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in process system design and will be capable of developing design documents, including piping and instrument diagrams and equipment data sheets, that incorporate the applicable design requirements, including nuclear safety requirements. You will be interfacing
and coordinating with other engineering disciplines and the client in the development of the design. Experience in procurement of packaged equipment is a plus.
• The primary role of the Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer is to plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work for a global business unit usually in one discipline in a project or staff group.
• Must have ability to work independently, use engineering judgment, and devise new approaches to solving problems.
• Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
• Perform work using Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs) and appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
• Other duties include planning, coordinating or preparing equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment.
• In addition, it will be required that the candidate prepare communications to vendors and clients,
review bid analyses and make recommendations, and prepare or assist in the preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals. Additionally, perform or assist in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
• Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
• Review and disposition of field change notices and non-conformance reports.
• Grade 25 - BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering from an accredited university or college with 6 years of related experience.
• Grade 26 - BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering from an accredited university or
college with 9 years of related experience.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work site.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Understanding of construction roles, practices, and economics.
• Practical work experience in equipment design and procurement.
• Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
• Knowledge of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products (i.E., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Professional Engineers license in Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering.
• Previous UPF experience.
• Knowledge of Bechtel Corporate guides and standards and relevant CAD, CAE, and Bechtel standard computer applications.
• Experience with the Bechtel Procurement System (BPS).
• Understanding of ASME NQA-1 requirements for procurement.