Sr Financial Analyst - DH
Houston, TX 77042 US
Sr Financial Analyst - Hybrid and Direct Hire 78k-92k
SCHEDULE: DAY SHIFT - 8: 00AM TO 5: 00PM - HYBRID SCHEDULE AVAILABLE - 3 DAYS A WEEK IN OFFICE, 2 DAYS REMOTE
TOP SKILLS NEEDED:
- PUBLIC ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS
- ASC 606 EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS BUT NOT REQUIRED
- PROJECT FP&A EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS
- WOULD LIKE A CANDIDATE THAT IS VERSED IN DEBITS AND CREDITS
- MUST HAVE A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF A BALANCE SHEET AND P&L
- VERBAL AND WRITTEN PROFICIENCY IS A MUST
- MUST HAVE A KEEN ATTENTION TO DETAIL
WORK ENVIRONMENT/UPWARD MOBILITY:
- LOOKING FOR SOMONE WHO IS A GOOD FIT TO CULTURE AS IT IS A VERY CLOSE-KNIT TEAM
- LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS A SELF-STARTER THAT LOOKS TO DIVE IN AND ASK QUESTIONS
- LEADERSHIP VALUES GROWTH AND OPPORTUNITY ONCE THE NEW HIRE ESTABLISHES THEMSELVES AND DEMONSTRATES POTENTIAL
The Sr. Financial Analyst reports directly to the FP&A Manager and will provide support to multiple functions within global Operations. The Sr. Financial Analyst will help build and maintain financial models and play an important role in the strategic direction and decision making. Communicating and interacting with multiple groups, the role values communication skills and an analytical mindset. The candidate should bring a solid technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial analytical skills. Another desired skillset is comprehensive knowledge of revenue recognition, P&L Analysis and Capital budget concepts.
- Develop annual budgets and forecasts for various functions throughout the organization.
- Monitor and analyze current and potential deliveries.
- Running, development and update of financial models
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly and quarterly financial results
- Managing quarterly internal and external audit process
- Conducting financial engineering and identifying risks and opportunities to improve business cases.
- Develop ad hoc financial analysis to support planning, forecasting and departmental strategies.
- Prepare financial reports by utilizing Oracle EBS, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), MS Excel, Alteryx, Power BI, and other financial tools.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; Master's degree a plus.
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Analytical and with excellent numerical ability
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- CPA, CA, CMA or Equivalent
- Experience with Oracle EBS or equivalent ERP system
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Keen interest in and experience from the energy sector and working experience in a multi-national/global environment.