Sr Eng II - Senior Automation Engineer
Richland, WA 99352 US
Automation Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Automation Supervisor
• The primary duties consist of supporting and assisting in development, review, administration, testing, configuration, implementation, data integration/management in support of a large Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) project.
• Assists senior engineering automation staff eliciting requirements to support information management, data validation and data ownership work activities.
• Applies knowledge of 3D, P&ID, etc. Principles and practices to data integration with commercial-off-the- shelf software.
• Coordinates with and support technical team members in information systems, automation, and engineering in areas related to engineering authoring and integration tools.
• Assists in producing artifacts to convey data integration and management activities for review and coordination.
• Assists in training on-project users in the use of engineering software and related work processes.
• Must be well organized and can accomplish assigned tasks within established budgets and schedules.
• Sound knowledge of CAD design and drafting techniques, engineering drawing, graphic arts, reading of drawings and reproduction methods used by the discipline.
• Hands-on experience with database systems such as Microsoft Access, Oracle, and SQL Server.
• Hands-on experience integrating data between disparate systems and various data types (e.G., structured, unstructured, documents, etc.).
• General knowledge of engineering/scientific systems, calculations, applications, and relevant computer applications.
• Basic knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria, and codes relevant to the discipline.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
• Must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
Grade Education/Experience Included:
Bachelor’ s degree in an engineering curriculum or drafting/design with 9 years of experience in piping design utilizing 2D/3D CAD System.
• Hands-on experience with Bentley OpenPlant, Smart3D or any 3D CAD modeling software
• Design production engineering experience
• Working knowledge of the application of ASME NQA-1 and DOE O 414.1C, relating to software development and software quality