Sr Electrical Engineer
Houston, TX 77041 US
Sr Electrical Engineer - Direct Hire 115-135k
SCHEDULE: TYPICALLY FROM 8: 00AM TO 5: 00PM - FLEXIBLE ON START & END TIMES - COULD BE 7: 00AM TO 4: 00PM OR 9: 00AM TO 6: 00PM
HYBRID AVAILABLE AFTER 3 MONTHS - 2 DAYS REMOTE, 3 DAYS WORKING IN THE OFFICE
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED: Must show on resume to be considered
- 5 OR MORE YEARS OF WORK EXPERIENCE IN DESIGNING CONTROL SYSTEMS
- KNOWLEDGE OF HAZARDOUS AREA STANDARDS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ATEX, IECEX, AND NEC IS PREFERRED.
- KNOWLEDGE OF ABS, NDVGL, AND API STANDARDS PERTAINING TO BOP CONTROL SYSTEMS IS PREFERRED.
- EXPERIENCE WITH ROCKWELL AADVANCE, CONTROLLOGIX, COMPACTLOGIX, AND/OR GE FANUC HARDWARE
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1ST ROUND WILL BE CONDUCTED VIA MS TEAMS & 2ND ROUND WILL BE CONDUCTED IN PERSON.
JOB ROLE: Perform a variety of electrical engineering tasks designing, planning, and overseeing the design and development of components, systems, and machinery used in BOP control systems.
- Research, develop, and design electronic interface circuitry applications for control of products.
- Lead designers in the development of electrical, schematic, interconnect, cabling, and assembly drawings.
- Ensure equipment scope and content is defined during initial design processes.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new commercial, domestic, and industrial uses.
- Direct activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Coordinate design projects to assure maximum utilization of engineering expertise.
- Provide leadership in preparation, and ensure that projects are controlled with regard to scope, schedule, budget, performing appraisal, etc.
- Establish design criteria for projects using required codes and standards.
- Review contractual content to ensure technical and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure subsequent design changes are documented and transmitted as required to internal and external resources.
- Assist sales group in defining engineering parameters for quotations.
- Work with customers (internal/external) and review project defining documents to understand project requirements.
- Engineer components/assemblies for BOP control systems in accordance with customer contract and applicable codes and standards.
- Participate in design review.
- Provide manufacturing with technical assistance.
- Provide technical support during testing.
- Review and approve engineering documentation.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required.
- 5 or more years of work experience in designing control systems.
- Knowledge of hazardous area standards including, but not limited to, ATEX, IECEx, and NEC is preferred.
- Knowledge of ABS, DNVGL, and API standards pertaining to BOP control systems is preferred.
- CompEx training or equivalent is a plus.