Specialist, Human Resources - Sr. Recruiter
Huntsville, AL 35806
Job Summary: The Recruiting Specialist will be expected to perform with minimal direction and to utilize a very high level of expertise and professional acumen in the conduct of the role.
Under limited direction:
- 75% - Identifies, interviews, and recommends prospective employees for employment for exempt and non-exempt professional and technical positions. Composes and extends employment offers to successful candidates. Establishes, evaluates, and employs varied sourcing techniques to develop an appropriate pipeline of candidates. Communicates and manages the interview process with designated managers. Monitors quality of candidates and adequacy of sourcing efforts; anticipates and proactively addresses potential problems with recruitment effort.
- 15% - Utilizes appropriate tools (ATS - iCIMS, Oracle Core HR, etc.) to effect applicant and requisition processing, offer development, and applicant/requisition close out.
- 10% - Participates in activities and initiatives to enhance the Company's staffing program, including staffing forecasting, retention initiatives, etc. Applies expertise toward recommending process improvement of the overall staffing strategy, focusing on quality, cost effectiveness and timeliness of fulfilling staffing needs.
- May plan, conduct, and coordinate projects or major phases of significant project assignments, coordinating the efforts of support staff in the performance of assigned activities.
- Requires knowledge of interviewing and hiring practices and the demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad spectrum of positions, including engineering, manufacturing operations, quality assurance, supply chain positions. Requires strong knowledge of sourcing strategies.
- Experience with ATS preferred (experience with iCIMS strongly preferred).
- Ability to work independently, excellent communication skills, ability to effectively schedule and prioritize work flow, and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships also required.
- Experience in both an agency and corporate environment, as well as prior experience recruiting technical (engineering and touch labor) for aerospace/defense organizations strongly preferred
- Requires a Bachelor’ s degree in an appropriate discipline and ten (10) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.