Traveling, TX 77069 US
Job Title: Service Engineer - Mechanical & Reciprocating Engines, Energy Business
Service Engineer - Mechanical & Reciprocating Engines, Energy Business
We are looking for a Service Engineer for mechanical and reciprocating engines to join our dynamic, fast-paced Field Services team for the Energy Business North region. The desired location for this position in Houston TX
What will you be doing
As a Service Engineer –Mechanical & Reciprocating Engines, you will perform troubleshooting, repairs and overhauls of reciprocating internal combustion engines (RICE) and well as accompany auxiliary equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3+ years of engine repair experience.
As a Service Engineer –Mechanical & Reciprocating Engines, you will focus on these responsibilities:
- Perform mechanical field service activities such as troubleshooting, major repairs and overhauls of reciprocating internal combustion engines (RICE) and well as accompany auxiliary equipment.
- Support New Build and Commissioning teams on projects delivery.
- Support in resolving technical and operating problems at our customer power plants.
- Track daily work activity progress and share the same to relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in customer meetings as part of our local mechanical support team.
- Make analysis with adequate conclusions and recommendations (reports) for how to solve technical problems.
- Be able to travel to our customer facilities for service attendance within Canada, U.S and The Caribbean.
- Be able to travel for service jobs about 80% of the year.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a technical trade school diploma
- Minimum of three (3) years’experience performing field service activities on:
- Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines (RICE)
- Diesel or heavy fuel engines - Gas and or Dual fuel engines
- Fuel oil or gas injection systems - Engines auxiliary systems (separators, radiator, fuel and air systems)
- Strong focus on safety protocols and QEHS standards Additional Skills
- Good leadership and collaboration skills - Good electrical knowledge
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good computer skills
- Coaching skills
- Ability to travel to our customer facilities for service attendance within Canada, U.S and the Caribbean.
- Ability to travel for service jobs about 80% of the year.
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Sales
Dan is an experienced Vice President of Sales with a demonstrated history of working in the staffing and recruiting industry. His top areas are in Petroleum, Executive Search, Technical Recruiting, Staffing Services, and College Recruiting. His background is as a strong sales professional. Dan has worked for NESC Staffing since 1992.
He also served 4 years in the United States Air Force as an Aircraft Mechanic, and was honorably discharged Sgt. 1981
He’s been married for 25 years and has one son attending college. Outside of work, he loves the outdoors and spending time with family and friends.