Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer
Pueblo, CO 81011
This is a 6-month short-term assignment with a 4-10s schedule. The work hours are from 6: 00am – 4: 30pm Monday – Thursday. This position may require additional overtime hours as deemed necessary.
Principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment with limited oversight.
• Develops and revises Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and mechanical system formal calculations.
• Provides supporting analyses and calculations for conceptual and detailed design of systems, including equipment selection, and supports the associated safety/hazards evaluations.
• Lead multi-disciplinary design teams on projects of moderate complexity.
• Develops material requisitions and specifications for non-standard equipment and bills of material for off-the-shelf equipment and components.
• Conducts document and design checking as required.
• Prepares technical reports related to specific design issues.
• Demonstrates leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Assists in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders.
• Participates in field walkdowns.
• Provide guidance on engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria to expand the skillsets of peers
• Day to day responsibilities may include support to: operations, maintenance, operations support, acquisitions, safety, and/or quality.
• Prepares/Responds to Nonconformance Reports for equipment and material defects. Prepares Corrective Action Plans to address deficiencies.
Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Grade 25: BS in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or college with 6 years of progressive related experience.
• Grade 26: BS in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or college with 9 years of progressive related experience.
• Related experience includes, but is not limited to, experience in Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&IDs) development and mechanical calculations related to hydraulics, equipment sizing, and overall system design for waste processing, refinery, power, or chemical process facilities.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain any security clearances required for this position according to Army Regulation 50-6 (Chemical Surety).
• Must be physically fit and able to work safely at a construction site. Must be able to work a flexible schedule and/or additional working hours during Key Project initiative time periods
• Excellent listening, oral and written communication, planning and organizational skills
• Professional Registration in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
• Must have strong understanding of Mechanical discipline drawings and system calculations.
• Excellent listening, oral and written communication, planning and organizational skills.
• Experience with Microsoft office programs, VISIO, and other common computer programs.
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
• MS in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
• Knowledge of Bechtel corporate guides and standards.
• Field experience supporting installation or troubleshooting of installed and operating equipment/components
• Experience working on a Department of Defense Project
• Experience working within an engineering group in an operating facility