Senior Electrical Engineer
De Leon Springs, FL 32130 US
Demonstrates an extensive knowledge and understanding of electrical engineering principles, concepts, practices and theories. Responsibilities may include research, design, development and test of complex electrical engineering designs and concepts. Work closely with other engineering and other functional areas to obtain optimum utilization of resources.
- Design, model, simulate and test complex electronic circuits, subsystems and systems.
- Support designs with analysis simulations and calculations including spice and Mathcad.
- Create schematic drawings and support PCB design, layout and routing of sub-assemblies and systems.
- Prepare documentation for work as required for engineering and manufacturing of products.
- Conduct complex in-house tests, direct and guides or mentors other Engineers.
- Apply Risk, failure and root cause analysis as required within the electronic engineering discipline.
- Provide support for product process and system issues; provide recommendation for enhancements and cost reductions; initiate ECN’ s; and formulate cost impacts.
- Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
- May act as project lead including organizing, execution, and coordinating technical assignments.
- Evaluate materials and systems, identify equipment, or prepare work instructions for manufacturing.
- Provide training and/or direction to other engineers, technicians or manufacturing operators.
- Provide input to bid and proposal activities.
- Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
- Travel and participation in product field tests.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or related field OR a combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of Electrical Engineering experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with simulation (pSpice or equivalent) and computational programs (MathCad preferred, MatLab accepted), programmable logic (Altera, Xilinx).
- Proven experience in generating electrical design documentation, and technical reports.
- Must have applied hands-on implementation expertise in electronic design, simulation, modeling, analysis, and test of electronic assemblies and systems.
- Thorough knowledge of digital and analog design including amplifiers, analog and digital interfacing, time domain filtering, programmable logic, low power design, communication protocols, and memory devices (EEPROM, SRAM, DRAM
- Experience with, battery operation, digital signal processing, magnetics and RF design.
- Ability to draw solutions from both formal training and experience and use original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems.
- Ability to write proposals, cost and schedule estimates (including budgets), and participate in presentations.
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must show high initiative, be self-motivated, and have ability to act independently on technical matters.
- Ability to travel and participate in field tests.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and communicate, use hands/finger, feel and reach with arms. This position requires the ability to lift, bend or stoop as necessary up to 20 lbs.
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Sales for the Southeast Region and FSO
Joe has extensive experience in the staffing and recruiting industry. He has worked throughout the country opening up new offices and managing multiple markets. Joe is the Vice President of Sales and Operations for our Southeast Region (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia) and our company FSO. Joe is a Navy veteran that worked in the Pentagon. He has an active security clearance and is OSHA certified.
He is a big sports enthusiast and enjoys living near the beautiful South Florida beaches. Joe has one daughter who is currently a designer for an architect.