SR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Richland, WA 99352
• Senior Electrical Engineer position will support the WTP AHJ program by assisting with interpretation of codes and standards to ensure the electrical design and installation are provided in compliance with code requirements addressed in NEC, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), and the industry recommended practice in IEEE, NFPA, ANSI, and UL.
• Support the WTP AHJ program ability to manage a UL subcontract and operate a UL 508A shop.
• Ability to review electrical designs, inspect electrical installation and to identify code violation and to derive engineering solutions from a variety of detailed technical options in consideration of cost implications.
• Ability to develop the means for having a fully functional UL 508A shop at WTP including the oversight, procurement provisions, functional integration, planning and execution, and performance management of the shop.
• Ability to represent the technical and coordination areas of a UL subcontract.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 6 years of related electrical design experience or in lieu of degree 12 years of related experience.
• Communicates with the Client (DOE) on the resolution of NEC issues.
• Assists AHJ with their responsibilities and determinations for project interpretations.
• Extensive experience in the installation of heavy industrial/commercial wiring such as electrical cables, cable tray, motor control centers, switchboards, panelboards, transformers, motors, receptacles, etc. In compliance with the National Electrical Code (NEC).
• Advances knowledge on NEC Code requirements for electrical installation and electrical equipment.
• Extensive knowledge of IEEE, NEC, IESNA, NFPA NEMA, other Codes and Standards relating to DOE and NRC regulatory requirements and good engineering practice in electrical design and installation.
• Experience with preparing specifications, material requisitions, and supporting purchase order of equipment procurements.
• Experience with performing the duties of Subcontract Technical Representative on electrical equipment subcontracts.
• Possess the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 4 years of related electrical design experience.
• Strong knowledge of NEC and UL programs.
• Previous experience providing justification of complex and ambiguous code requirement, and formally documents acceptability where NRTL labeling/ listing is not readily available.
Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.