SR CGD ENGINEER 25-26
Richland, WA 99352
• Daily support of the Engineering staff, through review and mentoring, of procurement engineering documents and vendor submittals.
• Assistance in developing and implementing dedication strategies.
• Directly interfacing with the WTP supply chain on ‘ Q’ orders.
• Reviewing diverse manufacturing processes (e.G., wiring, I&C, machining, welding, heat treating, factory acceptance testing), implementing detailed requirements associated with quality assurance (e.G., NQA-1, ISO-9000), and applicable codes and standards (e.G., IEEE, NEC, ASME Section VIII, ANSI B31.3, AWS D1.1/D1.6).
• Acting as a subject matter expert on BNI CGD procedures.
• Assisting in generation of technical evaluations of both simple and complex items (Mechanical, Electrical, C&I).
• Developing and optimizing dedication strategies; aiding in specifying detailed critical characteristics and acceptance criteria and acceptance methods based on project requirements and supplier capabilities.
• Performing detailed reviews of supplier CGD programs, process.
• Leading CGD surveys at supplier facilities.
• Partnering with suppliers on CGD and other supply chain issues to ensure success and performing detailed technical and quality reviews of supplier's CGD quality documentation.
• BS Engineering Degree from an accredited university or college and a minimum of 6 years of experience in CGD Engineering in the nuclear environment or in lieu of degree 12 years related experience.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft office products (i.E., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Possess the legal right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
• Detailed knowledge and actual experiences with CGD processes in NRC or DOE regulated facilities.
• Manufacturing experience.
• Previous DOD/DOE project experience.