SAP BI/BW Analyst
Andover, MA 01810 US
**This is an On-Site Role**
The SAP BI/BW Analyst is responsible for developing and delivering innovative analytical/reporting solutions utilizing the most current versions of SAP products and collaborating with functional and technical resources to ensure successful SAP implementations. The SAP BI/BW Analyst is responsible for guiding the team and managing analytics/reporting stream activities within an SAP implementation project to ensure a quality solution.
This Analyst requires strong knowledge and hands-on technical experience in SAP products such as SAP Embedded Analytics, BW/4HANA, SAP HANA STUDIO, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP DataSphere, and SAP Business Intelligence Platform.
This role leads and supports the BI development efforts of the team and prioritizes and leads the scoping effort. This role mentors the team in maintainable development practices and code reviews. The SAP BI/BW Analyst works with Solution Architects and Industry Leads to deliver, demonstrate, and maintain analytical in-house IP report offerings. This Analyst also conducts workshops to present the standard analytical reports and custom report offerings. They can gather requirements and make BI/BW Solution recommendations in the form of a business analytical strategy document and present the ideas to the project team.
The SAP BI/BW Analyst will actively work with Management to assess resource allocation against multiple projects based on priorities and complexity. The SAP BI/BW Analyst has a good balance of technical and leadership skills
• Hands-on development in various BI/BW technologies
• Lead Analytics/Reporting work stream from design through cut-over
• Conduct explore-workshops to identify & finalize analytic requirement
• Identify the key technical / business reporting gaps and provide innovative solutions to address them in a timely manner
• Develop analytics/reporting plans, so they are resourced, budgeted and time boxed correctly.
• Estimate the efforts, identify project skills, and resource requirement
• Work with PMO to manage the BI project deliverables to ensure they are on time & within budget
• Develop technical specification documents
• Support unit testing, SIT, UAT, and performance testing activities for the analytics/reporting work stream within an SAP implementation
• Collaborate with the cross-functional team to develop an integrated reporting strategy to support business processes, and execute project deliverables, with an emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency
• Develop a cut-over strategy for reporting activities for go-live
• Monitor and provide analytical/reporting status and road map to PMO and stakeholders
• Tasks will be split 60/40 between hands-on BI/BW development and business front ended activities (discovery/requirements gathering).
Education / Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience in modeling, development, implementation, and maintenance of SAP BW Data warehousing solutions and BI Reporting technologies such as S/4 HANA Embedded Analytics, CDS Views development, and HANA Modeling, SAP Bex, SAP Business Objects (Crystal Reports, WebI, Dashboards/Xcelsius, and Building Universes), Analysis for Office and Lumira.
• Must have experience with S/4 HANA Embedded Analytics, CDS Views development, and HANA Modeling
• Experience with SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) an asset
• Basic knowledge of ABAP programming in relation to BI
• Strong business understanding of at least one of our major focus areas (SD, MW, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.)
• A strong understanding of the overall BI Analytics marketplace beyond SAP
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills