SAP Applications Consultant, Sr
Houston, TX 77032
Oversees an assigned technology, major system, or functional area and the associated application development/support. Assigns personnel to various activities, supervises and approves their activities, and provides performance feedback. Participates in and directs the preparation of all requirements/specifications, estimates, system designs and new systems. Represents the Company in dealing with vendors of third party systems. Performs research and makes recommendations on software technology direction. Ensures that quality support is provided to customers and clients. Assists in projecting software and hardware requirements for project and functional requirements. Identifies project deliverables and manages applications deployment. Consults with IT staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical issues, priorities and method. Prepares activity and progress reports regarding the activities in an assigned area. Produces White Papers on specific company application technologies and how they can be leveraged .
- Work on acquisition project (SAP go-live) as functional consultant in the Chemical MFG industry specific to the implementation of PI sheets, Xsteps, and the specifications for Master data loads, RICEF objects, etc.
- 5-10 years in SAP's PP-PI module
- Chemical Manufacturing Industry Expertise
- 5 years experience with Browser-based PI sheets and Xsteps
- QM experience in process industries
- Very adept at creating functional and technical specifications for ABAP development
- Local resource ONLY or willing to relocate for project duration
- SAP PP-PI module
- QM (Inspection Planning, Master Inspection Characteristics
- Secondary requirement would be PP (discrete) and integration to MM, WM
- SAP integration (Web services)
Education: Undergraduate degree in CS, MIS, BA or Engineering