Job Number: 33387
Job Summary & Responsibilities
This role will be responsible for performing functions associated with quality control and quality assurance processes, such as performing incoming, performing final inspections and ensuring product meets all specifications, including workmanship, cosmetic, packaging and documentation requirements, assisting in developing methods and procedures for quality assurance and control, participating in Process and Quality audits, and collaborating with all team members to achieve exceptional quality results.
- Inspect incoming product to drawing specifications.
- Assist in investigating and determining root cause, initiate mistake-proof corrective action and document Supplier issues and escapes as they arise.
- Incorporate the appropriate data analysis, quality methods, inspection criteria and procedures to ensure the technical integrity of our quality processes and results.
- Develops collaborative and formal partnerships with Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Production Control and suppliers.
- Create and maintain current files for all quality related correspondence
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to review internal rejects from the shop floor.
- Performs inspection of sub-assemblies and final systems assemblies throughout the manufacturing process
- Creates inspection work instructions for all products
- Compiles final document and data packages per specific customer requirements
- Develop/implement new systems/methodology for quality reporting
- Ability to compile and analyze manufacturing defect data to drive corrective actions
- Interprets prints, manufacturing drawings, wiring diagrams in approving or rejecting in-process or final assemblies
- 5 plus years of Quality Control experience in complex manufacturing industry with exacting/demanding requirements.
- Expert understanding in GD&T.
- Experience with quality management systems (QMS).
- Experience in the use of standard mechanical inspection tools.
- Strong working knowledge of First Article Inspection Report requirements.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively across functions
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Drive quality initiatives that advance improvement in both delivery, cost and ultimately support the Company Core Values.
- Previous experience using ERP systems SAP or Oracle
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative in establishing new process/systems
- Previous Experience working with suppliers.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Programs, including strong proficiency in Excel