Houston, TX 77066
8: 00am to 5: 00pm
To assist and/or perform the planning, organizing, controlling, and implementation of contracts as defined by the Manager of Projects and/or the assigned Project Manager to produce the desired results within time, cost and quality as specified in the project scope.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develops a realistic plan for all activities from receipt of Contract through to delivery, including such detail as necessary to define critical activities to comply with contractual requirements.
• Continually monitors, revises and ensures resources are deployed to achieve the project plan.
• Ensures that the client requirements are communicated to the organization and incorporated into the project plan, and other project documentation.
• Generates/assists in the KPO/KPI reports on as required as required.
• Identifies problem areas, evaluates and initiates corrective action, monitors and reschedules the project schedule with respect of time and required resources.
• Be actively involved with the planning group to ensure the project schedules and requirements are met.
• Advises on invoicing for payment invoicing.
• Maintains action items registers for the project
• Acts on behalf of the Project Manager in his/her absences.
• Assists and/or implements the formal close out of the work orders.
• Works closely with the project manager to help expedite internal functional groups to meet project objectives/deadlines.
• Ensures internal sales orders are created by the planning in line with the scope of work and project deliverables.
• Works closely engineering group to ensure the maintenance of engineering document and ensures all documents are being submitted on time and received from customers with comments or approval in a timely manner.
• Assists Project Manager with creation of management of change.
• Works closely with planning, engineering groups and field services to meet project objectives, identify areas of concern and work recovery plans with the project manager.
• Assist in developing operation platform to meet project performance objectives
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 3+ years related experience in project management gained in heavy engineering or oil field industry combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Good working knowledge of production and inventory control systems
• Good working knowledge of engineering bills of material and ability to read drawings
• Strong interpersonal skills including persuasion, presentation and ability to adapt to different cultures
• Proficient/Expert in MS Office suite, particularly MS Excel and MS Project
• Bachelor degree or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school
• Knowledge of BOP’ s, and associate control systems is preferred, general oilfield equipment knowledge is desired.
• Experience in SAP or other ERP systems is desired