Houston, TX 77041
8AM - 5PM
Responsible for project planning duties including schedule development, schedule baselining, progress measurement set-up, schedule maintenance/progressing as well as schedule analysis/reporting to internal and external Stakeholders and Customers. Need to be able to work independently, applying planning and scheduling techniques and ensure schedules are compliant with company planning procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops, coordinates and maintains integrated Project Schedules of major Work Packages including baseline schedule development, review and validation by project Stakeholders
- Ensures that the project’ s priorities are clearly communicated to project management, engineering, manufacturing, and other functions within the Organization, the Project or the respective Work Packages
- Reviews and integrates subcontractor schedules and ensures compliance with project requirements
- Supports set up of the progress measurement and productivity reporting systems in accordance with established procedures
- Prepare the Work Package schedule for use in Pertmaster & participate in risk management for critical path components
- Participates in internal / external project meetings and provide inputs/recommendations for the timely completion of the project
- Development of project presentations and provide reporting information for both internal & external use ( standard as well as customer specific reports) on an as required basis
- Prepares detailed analysis of the project’ s critical and sub-critical paths incl. The development of schedule recovery plans as required
- Actively participate to the identification of project changes to the original scope & provide schedule impact information as required for the creation of Change Order Requests.
- Implementation and update of project schedules for approved Change Orders
- Mentoring / coaching of the junior planning staff
- Participates and assists in refining and updating of Integrated Planning Processes and procedures supporting execution as per best practices
- Implementation of lessons learned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Previous planning experience is required within a manufacturing/engineering/ project management environment.
- 5+ years of project controls work experience (or equivalent) ideally in the oil and gas EPC and/or manufacturing environment
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of Primavera, MS Project and Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Pertmaster Risk Management Software and SAP is a plus
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret and summarize information clearly and quickly
- Experience working internationally with other locations
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Experienced in MRP systems (preferably SAP) and scheduling software (Primavera)
- Working independently with a minimum of supervision and or guidance
- Basic leadership and negotiation Skills are a plus.