Project Manager III
Houston, TX 77056
8: 00am to 5: 00pm
Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of Buyers and related workers involved in purchasing equipment, supplied, products and services for the company. Directs and monitors all activities related to purchasing activities, production planning, maintaining and analyzing production and sales requirements, comparing progress to schedule, resolving scheduling conflicts, assessing data and coordinating solutions.
- Ensure the purchase, quality and timely delivery of required parts, services, final and subassemblies, raw materials, capital equipment and expenses.
- Identify and develop opportunities to reduce both operating and working capital costs.
- Develop and maintain strategic alliances with selected vendors for critical parts and participate in contract negotiations as needed.
- Measure vendor performance and address associated issues including late deliveries and cost recovery of vendor non-conformances.
- Lead quality audits of critical and other selected vendors.
- Provide procurement support for applicable parts to other facilities located worldwide.
- Evaluate and develop employee skills in Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Actively support both the quote and order management processes.
- Support Corporate Supply Chain initiatives, as required.
- Support warehouse improvement initiatives to drive accuracy and timeliness in receiving, picking and inventory cycle counts within the facility.
- Establish and maintain purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair and ethical relationships with vendors.
- Keep informed on legal matters affecting purchasing policies.
- Assess ongoing performance of Supply Chain and Procurement functions and communicate results to senior management on a regular basis.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Confer and coordinate with Buyers (Purchasing) on the status of purchase orders for parts being procured for assemblies to ensure timely release and completion of assembly production orders.
- Direct reports to action MRP messages in an effective and timely manner.
- Confer with Production leads and supervisors to determine status of production orders.
- Attend production meetings, to provide detailed updates on the plan and manage promise dates.
- Review open spare sales orders, verifying validity of product shortages/routing and prints.
- Adaptable to change and responsive to direction.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization, customers, and vendors.
- Experience with developing contracts and negotiations.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with focus on continual improvement CPM or CPIM certification.
- 10 Years’ experience in Procurement Management.
- Open to traveling to other facilities.
- Experienced in Material Resource Planning (MRP) The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Preferred: Knowledge of raw materials: pipe, tube, flat rolled steel, castings and rubber molded products.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, cost and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.