Project Engineer I
Tempe, AZ 85281
• Minimum of 5 years project engineering experience in the design/build, EPC or utility electricity generation field. Or 2+ years of direct PV solar experience and advanced college education in solar energy.
• Prior experience in the solar industry desirable.
• Project experience to include design and planning, estimating, permitting contracts, codes and regulations, procurement, construction, testing, commissioning, turnover, and documentation.
• Professional Engineer Registration preferred, but not required.
• Must have a BS degree in an engineering discipline, (i.E. BSEE, BSME, BSCE)
• Must possess technical knowledge of related engineering systems and applications, engineering calculations, construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computer programs.
• Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures and proficiency in spreadsheet and project scheduling tools.
• Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved and current knowledge of new methods of design and construction.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Strong computing skills.
• Assess deliverable need, prepare budget and schedule, communicate resource requirements to management.
• Lead and supervise the assembled project team in execution of deliverable.
• Projects may include feasibility studies, business development support, site assessments, conceptual design packages, or detailed designs for permitting and construction.
• Supervise the development, review, check and approval of design engineering deliverables
• Ensure industry design codes and standards are evaluated and applied
• Gather and review applicable codes, standards, and vendor and client requirements and communicate requirements to project team
• Participate in constructability reviews
• Forecast and develop staffing
• Analyze options to optimize cost and scheduling
• Ensure all work is performed within safety standards
• Acts as liaison with Project Management, senior management on matters relating to engineering progress, quality, scope and technical/permitting issues as well as interface with customer on technical issues.
• This position will report to the Sr. Manager of Engineering and will not have direct reports.
• May be required to travel 20-40% each year.