Houston, TX 77032
- Responsible for just in time planning, material requirements planning, capacity planning, and production activity control.
- Coordinates planning strategy for dependent and non-master items with Master Planner.
- Converts planned orders to production orders and purchase orders for dependent and non-master items.
- Verifies material and capacity available.
- Releases production orders for manufacturing.
- Reconciles problems by identifying work error messages, expediting material shortages, and coordinating with other planners, Master Planners, and Purchasing.
- Balances demand with capacity for dependent and non-master items.
- Serves as Team Leader and member of PCT, PPT, or Sub-PSMT.
- Requires detailed product knowledge and advanced knowledge of Just In Time, Materials Requirements Planning, Capacity Planning, Production Activity Control, and systems and technology typically achieved through partial APICS certification or 4-6 years experience working in a manufacturing, procurement, or customer service related capacity.
Top required skills:
- SAP, advanced Microsoft Excel (vlookup, macro, etc)
- 1-3 yrs in manufacturing, supply chain (production planning/scheduling,) with oil and gas background if possible