Richland, WA 99352
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and 1 year of related experience or a high school diploma or equivalent and 7 years of related experience.
This position is located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) and works a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6: 30a.M. To 5 p.M. Selected applicant needs to be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
This position shall be performed under the day-to-day direction, control and supervision of Waste Treatment Closure Company.
• Support the development, review, approval, and issuance of Construction related documents developed by Construction Discipline owners, working with the subject matter experts, process owners, and experienced personnel
• Establish and maintain process controls for the development and revision of documents; documentation, systematic controls, and standards
• Communicate with both construction and non-construction personnel to obtain deliverables associated with construction documents and facilitate resolution of identified issues
• Coordinate meetings, prepare, and distribute notices, agendas, information packets, and minutes for procedure/guide review meetings
• Perform duties as assigned by direct supervision and Construction Management
• Proofreads, edits, and coordinates the production of moderately complex documents
• Related experience includes, but is not limited to, researching, writing, editing, and formatting documents.
Ensuring clarity and consistency in logic, structure, requirements, and format which includes substantive editing and comprehensive understanding of grammatical rules and style, and ability to maintain a consistent tone.
• Upon reporting, must be able to clear a physical examination and drug screen to obtain a badge to access the WTP Project Construction site.
• Intermediate skills in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
• Ability to plan and coordinate tasks, work autonomously and complete work productively with attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Effective interpersonal skills in communication with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
• Technical writing and editing skills normally acquired through specialized education/training in English, technical communications, or journalism.
• Proficiency with standard document formatting/editing/production software, including electronic
comment incorporation, importing graphic files, formatting tables, and developing and applying templates.
• Online editing/proofreading skills.
• Technical vocabularies and terminology common to the assignment.
• Must be able to perform multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
• Possess the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Familiar with current industry safety standards.
• Ability to work in a team based environment, knowledge of project specific requirements, general awareness of processes and procedures and familiarity with current industry quality standards.
• Ability to independently anticipate problems in an environment of rapidly changing priorities.
• Ability to follow all safety rules and procedures and report unsafe work practices/situations.
• Positive attitude and dedicated on-time work schedule.
Per Diem Amounts
Incidental 1 $5.00
If applicable, mobilization and demobilization expenses (mileage, lodging, and M&IE) are authorized to and from the
assignment location if point of origin is more than 50 miles away. Demobilization is authorized only if the assignment is completed per the assignment end date, or Bechtel ends the assignment earlier than specified. Contract employees are expected to drive their own car to the assignment location. Lodging plus methodology is approved for the settling-in period of the first 15 days or until long-term lodging is occupied, whichever occurs first. For mobilization, demobilization and during the settling-in period all charges except M&IE per diems are to be invoiced by the agency to Bechtel with required receipts. After long-term lodging is occupied, or the 15-day period has elapsed, the per diem allowance for lodging, meals and incidental expenses will be no more than 75% of the approved FTR rate and will be expensed via daily entry into gBETR time record
system (receipts for lodging are no longer required).