Houston, TX 77041 US
Planning Manager -Direct Hire 105k-115k
***EDUCATION REQUIRED - LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WITH A MASTER'S DEGREE BUT WOULD CONSIDER CANDIDATES WITH A BACHELOR'S DEGREE AS LONG AS THEY HAVE SOLID WORK EXPERIENCE***
SCHEDULE: 8: 00 AM TO 5: 00 PM - NO HYBRID OR REMOTE OPTION AVAILABLE
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
- EXTENSIVE ORACLE PLANNING / ASCP EXPERIENCE IN A HIGH-VOLUME MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT
- PREVIOUS REPORTING EXPERIENCE
- EXCELLENT ORGANIZATION SKILLS
- SOME PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE IS HIGHLY PREFERRED
- THIS IS A HIGH DEMAND POSITION THAT REQUIRES FLEXIBILITY
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1ST ROUND - PHONE;2ND ROUND - VIRTUAL;FINAL ROUND - IN-PERSON
JOB ROLE: Provide leadership to planning teams within the manufacturing facilities. Assess site capacity, develop achievable schedules, and influence the execution of the plan.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of staff including training, employee development, performance evaluation, hiring decisions, and the establishment of goals and performance objectives for assigned department.
- Provide continual evaluation of department processes, methods, and activities to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Manage budget and expenditures.
- Work with team to support customer demand, forecasts, and corporate inventory targets.
- Build achievable plans for execution, achieve plan consensus with site teams, identify constraints, and propose solutions that meet or exceed our on-time requirements.
- Oversee the review of purchases orders per the system demand, manage the system recommended messages, as well as maintain work order dates that adhere to the metrics for the organization.
- Identify gaps in planning systems and work with relevant departments to resolve those issues.
- Develop a close loop process that proactively communicates anticipated late deliveries for all customer orders per management guidelines.
- Identify safety stock and forecast issues (too much or too little) and provide that feedback to the demand management analyst.
- Create documentation and training materials for all planning and scheduling processes.
- Ensure system data is continuously updated with accurate lead times.
- Ensure that planners keep the system data up-to-date with safety stock levels, order minimums, order multiples and work order due dates (in-house as well as at outside vendors).
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, plan and implement effective planning and procurement of materials, material and information flow, and the management and control of inventory and ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Cash objectives are met.
- Collaborate with management (IBP) team to create and implement optimal forecasting models
- Supporting supplier sourcing efforts as required including activities such as supplier manufacturing capability assessment;production problem resolution;cost reduction and quality improvement efforts
- Assist with insourcing initiatives for the plant and design manufacturing processes to ensure maximum amount of work stays within the manufacturing plant.
- Support the Lean Manufacturing culture with short and long-term Continuous Improvement strategies and activities that develop, evaluates, and drives improvement in process methods and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree, or foreign equivalent degree in Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management and two (2) years of experience in the job offered
- Experience with managing purchasing, planning, warehouse functions in a fast paced manufacturing setting.
- Certifications preferred (APICS, CPSM, Lean, Six Sigma etc.)
- Experience with scheduling systems and Smartsheet
- Experience with gear manufacturing is preferred.
- Experience with different heat treatment processes and material grade processes.
- Ability to work with Scheduling systems (e.G. JDA Factory Scheduler ) to synchronize the needs of the Operations priorities with the actions of the supply chain department
- Cross functional team collaboration with Engineering, Procurement and Mfg. To execute on the materials strategy for working capital goals
- Have a working understanding of Oracle EBS Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and ASCP system in order to be able to review supply demand data and other attributes related to product
- Drive standardization throughout plant by use of core competency teams, benchmarking, process standards and equipment checklists manufacture.
- Review order booking trends, drive revenue generating activities and collaborating with IBP on forecasting right product mix for increased market share.