Job Number: 33016
Painter 2nd Shift - 2: 00 PM - 1: 30 AM M-TH
$20.00 Hrly. Rate
SUMMARY: Prepares surfaces and applies epoxy and urethane wet paints to obtain high-grade finishes on parts or products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ALL AREAS:
- Applies masking tape and or caps to protect parts and components that are not to be coated.
- Wet coats the surface of manufactured products with epoxy and urethane coatings.
- Adjust valves on spray gun to regulate width and pressure of spray.
- Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
- Properly cleans and maintains all spray equipment including booth maintenance.
- Make suggestions to supervisors for improvements associated with assigned work.
- Follow instructions;both written and verbal;from the lead person and production supervisors.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Inspect own work for conformity to standards.
- Assist in other areas as necessary.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed could be mandatory
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
- Other duties as assigned
- High school education or General Education Diploma (GED);or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and the multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward his/her work including striving for maximum production and quality of product.
- Possess self-motivated initiative to improve quantity, quality and maximum efficiency with all co-workers.
- Ability to use the tools required (gages, guns and pumps).
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner Ability to multi-task as needed.
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment;i.E. Safety glasses, ear plugs, and work boots where necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to move about the facility moving product
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 54 pounds.
- Requires long periods of standing.
- Use of hands required extensively
- Work usually takes place in a manufacturing/warehouse environment where conditions can be reflective of the outside elements.
- Full mask respirator with carbon filters or make-up air, full paint suit, and gloves must be worn at all times during the coating process to protect the painter from fumes and particles.