Coppell, TX 75019 US
JOB TITLE: Packer
Pay will increase if dependable and if performs well
JOB SUMMARY: Packages specialty bags, sandwich wraps, sheets and basket liners according to prescribed methods.
1. Reads job pocket to ensure the product matches the job requirements, including correct materials, proper box labels, and box sizes and quantities delivered for the job.
2. Inspects product for proper size, print and gluing, in accordance with job packet and sample. Informs machine operator or supervisor of found defects immediately.
3. Packs, and seals, and stacks cartons while machine speed is maintained, in accordance with levels prescribed by management and supervision.
4. Packs on any machine assigned, and keeps accurate reports, including time, amounts produced, and any other reports required by supervision.
5. Works with machine operator and turns off machine BEFORE roll runs out.
6. Follows all safety rules and regulations and remains alert at all times. As necessary, or in the event of emergency, shuts down machine and notifies supervisor.
7. General, daily cleanup of work area.
1. Makes boxes, labels boxes, and cleans around machines, as necessary and required during machine set-up.
2. Participates in peer training as necessary.
3. Other duties as required by Machine Operator, Shift Supervisor, or Production Manager,
Answers directly to Shift Supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Good bimanual dexterity, visual acuity.
2. Basic Mathematic skills including adding and subtracting.
1. Standing 7 ½ hours per day.
1. Lifting an average of 35 pounds, up to 45 pounds on occasion.
2. Repetitive motion.
1. Five day work week standard, or more as requested.
Must comply with all A.S.I requirements, including, but not limited to, wearing a hat or hairnet