Wallingford, CT 06492
Job Description: Operations Manager
· Serving as a member of Management Review team, and assisting the Quality Manager to communicate the Quality Policy and the importance of meeting regulatory, statutory and customer requirements;
· Assure that production departments are provided with sufficient resources to meet quality, on time delivery, and safety goals, including manpower, materials, and machines;
· Ensuring that customer requirements are identified, product conformity and on time delivery are met;
· Ensuring that work in process and finished goods inventory levels are maintained and appropriate levels to meet sales forecasts and customer orders;
· Collecting and providing information regarding planned changes that could affect the Quality Management System (QMS), quality planning needs, and continuous improvement activities;
· Assisting in the completion of action items from Management Reviews;
· Identifying specific training requirements for production operations personnel;
· Identifying training needs, preparing action plans, scheduling training, and measuring effectiveness of training of production employees;
· Participating in the Order Review process, including risk of achieving requested delivery dates;
· Assuring that production processes are carried out under controlled conditions;
· Ensuring that materials and products are effectively identified throughout the production process;
· Assuring the process for handling, packaging, storage and protection of materials, parts and products to preserve the conformity of product through delivery to its intended destination;
· Reviewing of nonconforming product and serve as an authority for disposition;
· Review, maintain and control raw material inventory levels to support sales forecast;
· Evaluating long term plans;
· Scheduling of all waste shipments with waste companies. Monitors the storage of waste by inventory and by accumulation dates. Directs personnel on procedures for monitoring waste. Provide waste determinations. Fills out Biennial Waste reports for the state. Monitors changes in new waste regulations. Reviews Waste Manifest provided by waste transport vendor;
· Coordinating of emergency response efforts. Contacts emergency services located on Emergency Response List.
Bachelor’ s in Engineering or equivalent experience
5-10 Years in Manufacturing Operations Management
Sharp metal, high noise level, oils, and solvents.
Safety Equipment Required
Steel toed safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, weight lift belts when needed, and hearing protection as required.