Richland, WA 99352
• Executes assignments concerned with specialized or unique engineering/scientific requirements. Has technical responsibility for independently interpreting, organizing, and coordinating these assignments . This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and may involve development of novel concepts, approaches, and solutions .
• Maintains the Low-Activity Waste (facility) (LAW) documented safety analysis (DSA) and technical safety requirement (TSR) consistent with the physical (as-built) configuration of the LAW Nuclear Facility.This includes review of proposed changes to maintenance work packages, operating procedures, or safety management program implementing procedures using the safety evaluation (SE) or unreviewed safety question (USQ) process to determine the appropriate approval authority (BNI or DOE).
• Maintain the High-Level Waste (Facility) preliminary documented safety analysis (PDSA) and the pretreatment (PT) Facility PDSA consistent with the design and physical (as-built) configurations. This includes review of proposed design changes using theSE process to determine the appropriate approval authority (BNI or DOE).
• Applies expertise to broadly stated technical problems.
• Assists in the development and coordination of special educat ional and training programs for Bechtel personnel and/or clients.
• Participates in and fosters a safety conscious work environment based upon openness, trust, communication,
teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction .
• Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering or related engineering field (e.G. Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear) from an accredited university or college with at least nine yea rs of experience or in lieu of degree 15 years of progressive relevant experience in Engineering/ Project Management for nuclear power plants.
• Possess the legal right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship .
• Currently qualified as an Unreviewed Safety Questio n Evaluator at a DOE facility .
• Experience with DOE nuclear projects safety basis development, or commercial nuclear power plant licensing or analysis .
• Knowledge in nuclear safety/engineering .
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check .
Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.