Mechanical Technician (2nd shift)
Odessa, TX 79761
- With supervision, this position is responsible for assembling mechanical equipment or manufactured equipment to specifications as called out on equipment drawings.
- May assist more senior employees some of the time.
- Operates stationary and moving overhead cranes, forklifts, and any equipment needed to perform job within safety guidelines.
- Reads and interprets assembly blueprints and schematics and plans assembly or building operations.
- Follows Standards, Procedures and Work Instructions to produce product of acceptable Quality.
- Sets and verifies parts clearances.
- Verify material per bill of material.
- Perform assemblies, based on assembly drawings and bill of materials, capable of following written assembly instructions, maintain their work areas clean and free of debris.
- Should be able to operate pallet jacks, cranes and forklifts; should be able to operate power tools, and large hand tools.
- Able to record serial number of assemblies for traceability purposes.
- Aligns components, bolts, screws, or rivets them together.
- Techs need ability to read all schematics, and use those schematics to build all required assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Technicians may be required to test or assist in testing operation of completed products.
- Maintain customer satisfaction and continual improvements of our products; mechanical technicians have to participate in all tool box safety meetings that are conducted.
- Minimum Job Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Preferred Qualifications: Ability to drive a forklift and/or crane is preferred but is not mandatory.