Mechanical Prototype Builder/Engineering Tech
Boca Raton, FL 33487 US
Reporting to the Principal Scientist, the Technician will be responsible for building test setup and conducting experiments per instruction. The Lab Technician may also be involved with supporting analytical testing, material handling and other organizational and administration tasks in the workshop. The Technician will join an existing team of experienced Technicians/Senior Technicians and will have many opportunities for learning and development.
To the ideal candidate, this position is an opportunity to create products with the potential to literally change the world for the better. If you are creative, personable, passionate, intelligent, driven and equipped with practical engineering and assembly skills, you should join us.
Roles and Responsibilities HVAC Development Workshop/Lab Tasks
· Assist in construction of lab-scale prototypes. Will include tasks such as:
o Machining various custom parts as needed (acrylic, metal, etc)
o Assembly of parts together
o Small-scale plumbing (PVC, flex tubing, etc)
o Small-scale electrical (fans, pumps, switches – 120V and under)
· Assist with testing the lab-scale prototypes or full-scale test units, when required
· Assist in setup and upkeep of laboratory, and laboratory equipment
o Periodically installing new equipment as needed, such as benches, sink, etc.
o Periodically helping with commissioning of new laboratory experimental devices
o Assist with general laboratory tasks such as inventory management, cleaning/sorting, parts receiving, etc.
· In any times of lesser need, work priority will shift to Blue Frontier product development support or unit manufacturing in the other portion of the building:
o Assembly of components, sub-assemblies and systems for Blue Frontier HVAC units, following written and verbal instructions
o Preparation of components and materials required for assembly
Skills & Capabilities Education & Experience
· High School Diploma
· Vocational qualification or apprenticeship within a relevant business would be a plus, but is not required
· Experience working in a lab or product development workshop
Technical Skills and Qualities
· Demonstrable practical workshop skills – e.G. Mechanical assembly in custom job shops, small-scale manufacturing, auto shop work or similar
· Skilled with hand tools including safe working practices
· Demonstrable ability to understand technical concepts related to mechanical assembly
· Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings and measurements
· Attention to detail and focused work ethic is essential
· Plumbing experience would be a plus, but is not required
· Electrical wiring skills/experience would be a plus, but is not required
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Sales for the Southeast Region and FSO
Joe has extensive experience in the staffing and recruiting industry. He has worked throughout the country opening up new offices and managing multiple markets. Joe is the Vice President of Sales and Operations for our Southeast Region (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia) and our company FSO. Joe is a Navy veteran that worked in the Pentagon. He has an active security clearance and is OSHA certified.
He is a big sports enthusiast and enjoys living near the beautiful South Florida beaches. Joe has one daughter who is currently a designer for an architect.