Westborough, MA 01581 US
Job Summary: The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, and improving equipment and processes in a manufacturing environment. The role involves addressing mechanical and electrical issues, updating process documentation, managing continuous improvement projects, and providing support for new product development. The Mechanical Engineer will also oversee new equipment purchases and maintenance projects, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and ensure compliance with quality and safety standards.
1. Identify and resolve equipment and process problems, encompassing both mechanical and electrical aspects.
2. Develop, update, and maintain process and maintenance procedures and work instructions to enhance manufacturing operations.
3. Troubleshoot and repair production-related equipment to minimize downtime and ensure smooth operations.
4. Lead and manage projects aimed at continuous process improvement, optimizing efficiency, and reducing waste.
5. Collaborate in new product development by participating in design, testing, and validation activities.
6. Handle project management responsibilities for new equipment purchases and general maintenance projects.
7. Document Control: Write, review, and amend documents using the Document Control and Engineering Change Request (ECR) systems.
8. Assist Quality and Research & Development teams in investigating non-conforming product issues and customer complaints, providing resolutions and associated documentation.
1. Educational Background: Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical) or an Associate's degree in engineering with at least 5 years of experience in a relevant manufacturing engineering environment.
2. Experience: Previous experience in web handling maintenance and design is highly desirable.
3. Proficiency in various computer applications, including Microsoft Office products and project management tools. Knowledge of document control systems, as well as experience with AutoCAD and Solidworks drafting software, is preferred.
4. Willingness to handle, label, move, and monitor Hazardous and Universal Waste.