Houston, TX 77041 US
Mechanical Engineer - Direct Hire Salary Range: 85k-110k annual salary
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
- MUST BE MECHANICALLY INCLINED
- MUST BE A PROBLEM SOLVER
- SELF-MOTIVATED WITH MINIMUM SUPERVISION
- GREAT TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH HAND TOOLS
- 5+ YEARS OF DESIGN EXPERIENCE
SCHEDULE: MONDAY-FRIDAY, FLEXIBLE START & END TIMES - 7AM TO 4PM, 8AM TO 5PM, OR 9AM TO 6PM - HYBRID SCHEDULE IS AVAILABLE AFTER 6 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT
TRAVEL: LESS THAN 10% - TYPICAL TRAVEL WILL BE IN THE LOCAL AREA TO THE HOUSTON FACILITIES DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NEED
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1ST INTERVIEW WILL BE A 30-MINUTE VIRTUAL INTERVIEW VIA MS TEAMS & 2ND INTERVIEW WILL BE IN-PERSON TO INCLUDE A SKILL ASSESSMENT.
Mechanical Engineer role is to provide support on new product development, product improvement, and technical/lifecycle support on multiple products. The Engineer must be capable of producing or checking technical content including but not limited to component calculations, detail/assembly prints, technical reports, and test procedures. The selected candidate will work in a results-based environment either individually or as part of a design team.
- Provide engineering support on mechanical equipment.
- Conceptualize mechanical design solutions.
- Perform stress analysis on mechanical components/systems.
- Produce or check design layouts and detail drawings.
- Create tolerance studies and check design documentation.
- Research and specify purchased component parts.
- Design component and system level test plans and test fixtures
- Generate engineering reports documenting design/analysis efforts and results.
- Identify product improvements.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5 or more years of design experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Knowledge of engineering standards and procedures
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and highly motivated
- Work independently or in a design team setting
- Able to multitask on multiple projects.
- Hands-on experience (e.G., mechanically inclined hobbies, experience in mechanic shop, hands-on with mechanical systems, welding, etc.)