Mechanical Engineer II- Rig Package
Houston, TX 77041 US
Mechanical Engineer - Rig Package - Direct Hire 87k-92k
SCHEDULE: MONDAY-FRIDAY, 8AM-5PM (FLEXIBLE) - Hybrid work schedule (3 days in the office and 2 days remote work) after completion of training program.
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
- GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS - WRITTEN & VERBAL
- HIGH ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- AUTOCAD EXPERIENCE
- 2+ YEARS OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE IS HIGHLY PREFERRED
- MECHANICAL APTITUDE - KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT TRANSMISSIONS, ENGINES, DRIVE SHAFTS, ETC.
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH HEAVY EQUIPMENT IS HIGHLY PREFERRED AS THIS RESOURCE WILL BE WORKING WITH MOBILE RIGS AND LAND RIGS
- ABLE TO TROUBLESHOOT ON-SITE WITHIN A MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT
TRAVEL: THERE ARE FEW OCCASIONS WHERE FIELD VISITS OR FACILITY VISITS ARE NECESSARY BUT THIS IS TYPICALLY LESS THAN 5 DAYS A YEAR.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1ST ROUND IS PHONE INTERVIEW (30 MIN - 1 HOUR) & 2ND ROUND WILL BE IN-PERSON
Provide support on new product development, product improvement, and technical/lifecycle support on Land and Mobile Rig Packages. The Engineer must be capable of producing or checking technical content including but not limited to component calculations, detail/assembly prints, technical reports, and test procedures. The selected candidate will work in a results-based environment either individually or as part of a design team.
- Provide engineering support on mechanical equipment pertaining to Land Drilling Rigs and Mobile Service & Workover Rigs.
- Conceptualize mechanical design solutions.
- Produce or check design layouts and detail drawings.
- Research and specify purchased component parts.
- Identify product improvements.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- 2 or more years of work experience in mechanical engineering and design.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Knowledge of engineering standards and procedures
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and highly motivated
- Work independently or in a design team setting
- Able to multitask on multiple projects.
- Hands-on experience (e.G., mechanically inclined hobbies, experience in mechanic shop, hands-on with mechanical systems, welding, etc.)