Brookshire, TX 77423 US
The primary role of a Designer is to create fabrication drawings for pressure vessels, structural steel, piping and P&ID’ s using Inventor and AutoCAD software. Serve as a mentor for drafters and be responsible for the checking and accuracy of drawings produced for approval to the customer and fabrication shop. You will report directly to the Design Manager.
• Create 3D models and extract 2D fully dimensioned drawings with weld symbols and all other information to support fabrication
• Compliant to ASME Y 14.7
• Support the Project from receipt of order, fabrication, and shipment.
• Capable of overseeing multiple projects simultaneously
• Participate in design review in-house and with customer
• Continuously seek ways to improve the design process and communications
• Meeting Project timelines
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must have a high school diploma and extended education in drafting design and 3D software a plus
• Must have proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, Inventor, Autodesk illogic and Vault
• Skilled at developing complete sets of complex designs which include structural designs, mechanical designs, ASME coded vessels, and piping designs
• Must have the ability to review and understand customer specifications
• Must have experience with ASME Section VIII DIV.1, AISC, SID, and OSHA
• Must have proven experience supporting fabrication shop with accurate details and bill of materials for constructability
• Ability to create conceptual designs through final design
• Have a strong understanding of welding symbols and application
• Ability to understand and use Compress calculations to create an ASME code vessel detail drawing
• Read and write English, communicating effectively with team members
Physical Requirements and other items to communicate:
- The ability to lift 50 pounds. Work in a high pace manufacturing environment. Have the ability to multitask by sharing workspace with interruptions from others
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Sales
Dan is an experienced Vice President of Sales with a demonstrated history of working in the staffing and recruiting industry. His top areas are in Petroleum, Executive Search, Technical Recruiting, Staffing Services, and College Recruiting. His background is as a strong sales professional. Dan has worked for NESC Staffing since 1992.
He also served 4 years in the United States Air Force as an Aircraft Mechanic, and was honorably discharged Sgt. 1981
He’s been married for 25 years and has one son attending college. Outside of work, he loves the outdoors and spending time with family and friends.