Manufacturing Final Assembly Technician
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442 US
We are looking for a rock-star Final Assembly Tech. This role is a quality champion for the company, producing the mechanical, electrical, and machined components and assemblies that make up company products. The Final Assembly Tech is responsible for completing production processes to print and specification - assuring all work is performed on time and in accordance with the company Quality System, Safety Policies and customer requirements. Specific job responsibilities are given below.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Reads, interprets, and understands technical engineering drawings, routers, wiring diagrams, process specifications, and quality documentation.
- Completes detailed electromechanical assemblies to print and process requirements, including cleanroom products for space-based applications.
- Intuitive mechanical sense and awareness. Experience assembling tight tolerance, precision electro-mechanical components preferred (0.0002” typical)
- Requires use of various hand tools, semi-automated equipment, jigs and fixtures.
- Work is very meticulous and requires alertness and attentiveness.
- Maintains records as required. Ensures proper time and data entry.
- Comfortable working under ISO 9001: 2008 and AS9100 quality control systems.
- Complies with all Manufacturing processes and standards.
- Ensures compliance with the company quality system in order to maintain high standards of quality, reliability and safety.
- Personal, professional and team development in order to continuously improve production operations at the company.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- The candidate should excel in working in a team environment as well as thrive as an individual contributor with minimal supervision
- Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, adaptable, detail oriented, problem solver with reasonable computer skills who enjoys new challenges every day.
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings, electrical test specifications, and other build documentation sufficient to build high precision motors and actuators.
- Must have a metrics-driven continuous improvement mindset.
- Must be able to develop production assembly solutions and documentation that assures product quality and customer satisfaction.
- A strong working knowledge of electro-mechanical actuators and position transducers or small geared assemblies is a plus.
- A strong working knowledge of electronic test equipment is a plus.
- Candidate must have good eyes, hands and good eye to hand coordination due to the detailed assembly nature of the product.
- Successful candidates will have a very high degree of diligence, curiosity, and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing in an AS9100 and ISO9000 controlled environment preferred.
- Experience with a space-based application a plus.
- Electronic / Electromechanical product experience a definite plus.
- AA or AS degree preferred, high school diploma required.
- Cleanroom experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret operation sheets, routers, and blueprints.
- Fluent in English. (speaking and written)
- Motivated. Willing and able to learn.
- Friendly and cooperative. “ Team player”
- Maintain a clean, neat and safe work environment.
- Requires alertness and attentiveness as work is very meticulous.
- Bend, lift, sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Required lifting weight daily: 35 lbs.
- Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- Work hours: M-F 7: 30 – 4: 00pm, with overtime as needed
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Sales for the Southeast Region and FSO
Joe has extensive experience in the staffing and recruiting industry. He has worked throughout the country opening up new offices and managing multiple markets. Joe is the Vice President of Sales and Operations for our Southeast Region (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia) and our company FSO. Joe is a Navy veteran that worked in the Pentagon. He has an active security clearance and is OSHA certified.
He is a big sports enthusiast and enjoys living near the beautiful South Florida beaches. Joe has one daughter who is currently a designer for an architect.