Maintenance Planners (23/24)
Richland, WA 99352
The Production Planning job family is responsible for planning , scheduling, and organizing the efficient maintenance , operation and performance of work assignments . Coordinates with various departments to achieve optimum utilization of operations and maintenance resources to effectively achieve production improvements through usage of industry standard methodologies.
• Develop mechanical work packages and work instructions to support maintenance work activities including preplanning, material staging, requisitioning/expediting, labor estimating.
• Monitors assignments to ensure that they are within the agreed scope, and that the work is being
performed within outlined policies and expectations .
• Coordinates timely development and release of work packages, task requests, and work orders to
support the operations/maintenance I Startup Testing schedule.
• Ensures work orders are in compliance with project directive documents.
Assists in the determination of work priority, and establishes workflow processes that support work management and operations Qoals.
• Periodically reviews work performed for attainment of objectives, policy compliance and priorities,
effective coordination, technical adequacy and responsiveness to established guidelines.
• Integrates efficient maintenance and operations that are in compliance with company policies, client
requirements, and governmental regulations.
• Ensures all safety and environmental guidelines are followed without deviation.
• Must achieve qualification within 6 months of assignment.
• May be required to complete other assignments in order to support Construction, Start-up, and Plant Operations departments to meet evolving WTP Project needs.
• This job description is not intended to include every duty, task or instruction for which an employee is responsible. Other tasks may be assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisors request.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline or quality assurance from an accredited university and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a field of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations or quality assurance.
• In lieu of formal degree, a minimum of 9 years of experience in a field of engineering, testing, or operations.
• Upon reporting, must be able to clear a physical examination and drug screen to obtain a badge to access the WTP Project Construction Site.
• Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
Per Diem Amounts
If applicable, mobilization and demobilization expenses (mileage, lodging, and M&IE) are authorized to and from the assignment location if point of origin is more than 50 miles away. Demobilization is authorized only if the assignment is completed per the assignment end date, or Bechtel ends the assignment earlier than specified.
Contract employees are expected to drive their own car to the assignment location. Lodging plus methodology is approved for the settling-in period of the first 15 days or until long-term lodging is occupied, whichever occurs first. For mobilization, demobilization and during the settling-in period all charges, except M&IE per diems, are to be invoiced by the agency to Bechtel with required receipts.After long-term lodging is occupied, or the 15-day period has elapsed, the per diem allowance for lodging, meals and incidental expenses will be no more than 75% of the approved FTR rate and will be expensed via daily entry into gBETR time record system (receipts for lodging are no longer required).