MECHANICAL ENGINEER 23-24
Richland, WA 99352
• Prepare technical reports and studies and design documentation, performing calculations using engineering software, and preparing specifications for complex mechanical equipment for the waste treatment process and supporting systems.
• Solid experience in process system design and capable of developing design documents, including piping and instrument diagrams and equipment data sheets, that incorporate the applicable design requirements, including nuclear safety requirements.
• Interface and coordinate with other engineering group and disciplines in the development of the detailed system design and specifying equipment in a team environment.
• Develops and revises piping and instrument diagrams, formal calculations, and equipment datasheets and specifications in completing the detailed design for the system, including equipment selection.
• Supports the associated safety analyses and hazards evaluations.
• BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering from an accredited university or college with one year of related experience or in lieu of degree seven years of related experience.
• Familiar with Piping and Instrument Diagram (P&ID) development, fluid systems design, hydraulic, heat transfer, and thermodynamic calculations, and mechanical equipment specification.
• Experience in fluid system design in DOE or commercial nuclear facilities.
• Knowledge of industry, and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
• Possess the legal right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy for access to the Hanford Site.
• Engineer-in-Training or PE License in Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering.