Learning Operations Specialist
Houston, TX 77073
Shift Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; OT not expected
Job Summary: Coordinates and executes environmental and/or safety programs to ensure practical, cost-effective measures are in place within the work place, and a Safety Culture exists to ensure employees are accountable and responsible for health, safety and environmental conditions and practices.
- Works to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and BHI policies.
- Handles more difficult, complex assignments involving performing audits and inspections.
- May assist management to develop procedures based on regulatory and/or client requirements.
- Assists in responding to inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies and/or community groups.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
Primary Job Duties:
- Work with SMEs to confirm SkillSoft HSE training material is not contradicting/ supportive of BHGE procedures
- Amends SkillSoft HSE training using the authoring tool where needed
- Documents changes in log book
- Tests SkillSoft HSE training in staging and production environment
- Amend HSE training courses not in SkillSoft training catalogue
Secondary Job Duties:
- Support creation of audiences and rules in LMS
- Support any other matters related to LMS implementation
- Associates degree and 3-4 years’ experience or Bachelor’ s degree preferred and 0-2 years' experience.
- Associate level HSE Certification preferred.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Proven MS office experience; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven experience working in learning management system (preferred, SumTotal)
- Proven experience working with training authoring tool
- Strong organization skills
- Good attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Instructional design experience
- High level of quality, not cutting corners
- Self-starter, take initiatives
- Thorough understanding of regulations and the regulatory process
- Strong analytical skills
- Oil and gas experience
- Work in Health Safety and Environment department