Lead Applications Analyst
Houston, TX 77032
· Responsibilities include:
- Development/acquisition, maintenance, and/or support of one or more applications in an assigned technology, major system, or functional area (e.G., process simulation, document management, payroll, etc.).
- Participate in and providing leadership for analysis leading to requirements/specifications, estimates, and system designs.
- Performs and oversees programming, quality assurance reviews, documentation, system deployment, training, and project setup/support, often involves performing project setups, analyses, designs, etc., for/with customers
- Similar duties are often associated with the selection, acquisition, installation and configuration of applications licensed from third parties, and interaction with vendors is required. Researches and makes recommendations on software technology direction.
- Supervises others; allocates and monitors work, coordinates similar activities within a functional area. Interprets and applies directions originating at a higher level
- Participate in system documentation, testing, implementation, maintenance, and project setup/support within the Plant Maintenance & AMI areas
- Participate in self-training through online resources and documentation to become knowledgeable in AMI and the asset accounting aspects
- Participate in online training sessions with the PM/AMI team
- Perform Support Pack testing for both AMI and PM user exit functionality
- Perform periodic testing of the AMI pricing, approval and compliance functions to ensure programs respect operating requirements
- 7 or more years of experience including exposure in SAP PM, Asset or MM
- Skills are typically acquired through an IT/Computer Sciences degree, they will be a senior level consult, with 7 or more years of experience including exposure in SAP PM, Asset or MM.
- Broad knowledge of the applications and work processes in the technology/functional area and is capable of providing leadership, addressing complex tasks, and safeguarding timely project completion and client satisfaction.
- Experience with data conversion and uploads
- Ability to perform troubleshooting independently and chase issues back through the settlement rules and into FI/CO.
- Testing of complex scenarios -- recording and reporting the results
- Support Pack testing
- Ongoing maintenance and support
- Creating scripts for end-users, upgrade projects and special functions - including example test data
- Creation and execution of custom LSMW Workbench & CATT scripts
- Creation and execution of test conditions in HP Quality Center
- SAP Workflow
- This position requires the ability to create process flowcharts leading to detailed functional design blueprints with minimal assistance as well as job aides, test data and test scenarios which will be entered in HP Quality Center by the offshore team.