Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Sacramento, CA 95670
Functions as a technical specialist or supervisory role. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise.
Manage and coordinate marketing, planning, design and construction phase services for automation, instrumentation, control and SCADA projects for water and wastewater utilities. The successful candidate will possess a mix of excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated management capabilities, I&C design experience, and broad I&C technical knowledge. Responsibilities include both operational and business development as listed below. The project and client focus will be in the West Region providing national support on an as-needed basis.
• Manage and take overall responsibility for I&C projects
• Coordinate I&C engineering efforts for multi-discipline projects
• Monitor and control project schedule and budgets
• Oversee development of master plans, studies and technical reports
• Supervise engineers and act as a liaison between the local design team, client and remote design teams.
• Provide local interface by attending client and contractor meetings, performing field investigations, attending factory acceptance testing and helping to resolve I&C client and construction issues.
• Support business development activities for multi-discipline projects and lead business development activities for I&C projects
• Successfully develop, manage and maintain client relationships for existing and future opportunities
• Prepare proposals and presentations in response to sales opportunities
• Develop scope of services and fee proposals
• Represent company through various local and national professional organizations
• Provide technical expertise in one or more of the following: Cybersecurity, Network Design, Data Analytics, Industrial Internet of Things, Telecommunications, Risk and Resiliency and/or Asset Management.
Minimum Qualifications (Do Not Edit)
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
10% travel to client facilities. Most travel would be in northern California, with some west US region or national travel opportunities to leverage alignment with the professional’ s expertise.
10-15 years’ experience in instrumentation, control and automation design consulting, with 5 years’ experience in project management and business development.
Registration as a Professional Engineer is required or the ability to obtain within six months.
Most positions - depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division - will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Typical office environment. May be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 30 degrees for periods of more than one hour), extreme heat (temperatures above 90 degrees for periods of more than one hour), hazards (electrical currents, working on scaffold