Houston, TX 77041 US
Hydraulic Engineer - Direct Hire 80k-130k
SCHEDULE: MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 8: 00 A.M. TO 5: 00 P.M. - HYBRID SCHEDULE AVAILABLE WITH APPROVAL - 3 DAYS IN OFFICE, 2 DAYS REMOTE
- LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WITH 5-7 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN HYDRAULIC CONTROL SYSTEMS
- MUST BE KNOWLEDGEABLE IN MACHINERY CONTROL CIRCUITS
- PROFICIENT IN THE USE OF AUTOCAD AND MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE CREATING 2D/3D MODELS
- HIGHLY PREFERRED - CERTIFIED FLUID POWER SPECIALIST OR FLUID POWER ENGINEER
TRAVEL: LESS THAN 5% - LOCAL TO THE HOUSTON, TX AREA - OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED TO VISIT MANUFACTURING FACILITIES AND CUSTOMER SITES
INTERVIEW PROCESS: MANAGER PREFERS IN-PERSON, MIN. OF 2 ROUNDS OF INTERVIEWS BEFORE OFFER WILL BE EXTENDED
BENEFITS: 5% ICP BONUS, 401K MATCHING, COMPANY BENEFITS PACKAGE
**NO RELOCATION OFFERED. NO SPONSORSHIP**
JOB ROLE: The Hydraulic Engineer will be providing hydraulic engineering support to product responsible engineers, product line managers, sales, aftermarket/service and installation & commissioning personnel along with technical and troubleshooting support to operations and manufacturing facilities and personnel.
- Provide hydraulic engineering support to drilling products for machinery control circuits, aftermarket/service, and installation & commissioning.
- Design hydraulic systems and assemblies to meet customer and internal requirements within budget and schedule constraints.
- Create 2D / 3D models, layouts, detail drawings, bills of material, test documentation and engineering reports.
- Provide cost estimates in support of internal product groups.
- Work with operations and manufacturing facilities to identify product improvements.
- Provide technical support to supply chain for cost reduction, availability, and standardization of purchased parts.
- Develop relationships with hydraulic and pneumatic manufacturers and distributors in support of equipment designs.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering preferred, not required.
- 3 years of work experience or 7 years relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- Solid understanding of advanced hydraulic theory and the ability to apply knowledge in the design of complex controlled hydraulic circuits in an OEM environment.
- Working knowledge Solid understanding of pneumatic components and systems.
- Experience with land and offshore drilling equipment strongly preferred.
- Capability to interpret and apply ISO, SAE and ANSI fluid power related standards as they relate to hydraulic schematic creation, system and manifold design.
- Knowledge Proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2D, SolidWorks, ProE/Creo or other 3D prominent solid modeling software. Preferred.
- Machine shop, fluid power component manufacturer or distribution background a definite plus.
- Certified Fluid Power Specialist or Fluid Power Engineer (International Fluid Power Society certified) preferred.