HVAC ENGINEER 23-24
Richland, WA 99352
• Prepare technical reports and studies and design documentation, performing calculations using engineering software, and preparing specifications for complex mechanical equipment and supporting systems.
• The ideal candidate will have solid experience in HVAC system design and will be capable of developing design documents, including ventilation and instrument diagrams and equipment data sheets, that incorporate the applicable design requirements, including nuclear safety requirements.
• Interface and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and the client in the development of the design.
Experience in procurement of packaged equipment is a plus.
• Develops and revises piping and instrument diagrams, formal calculations, and equipment datasheets and specifications in completing the detailed design for the system, including equipment selection.
• BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering from an accredited university or college with one plus years of related experience or in lieu of degree 7 years of related experience.
• Related experience includes, but is not limited to, experience in Ventilation and Instrument Diagram (V&ID) development, HVAC system design, heat transfer and thermodynamic calculations, and HVAC equipment specification development for waste processing, nuclear, refinery, power, or chemical process facilities.
• Understanding of construction roles, practices, and economics.
• Practical work experience in equipment design and procurement.
• Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
• Knowledge of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products (i.E., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Possess the legal right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check.
Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
• Previous DOE and/or DOD experience.
• Understanding of ASME NQA-1 requirements for procurement.