Field Representative (Owners Rep)
Anaheim, CA 98201
3rd Shift 11: 00pm to 7: 00am
Functions as the Owner s Rep. Supervising the performance of construction for multiple projects, maintaining schedule and budget for each. Attend pre & post bid scope reviews. Constructability reviews on projects in design phases. Evaluate project drawings & schedules to optimize Owner's benefit. Assist contractor in scheduling utilities. Development of Schedules of Values. Review long lead items & purchasing of Owner furnished items with project representative. Liaison between team members, contractor, and operators. Monitor for Building Code compliance. Safety monitorinig.Review/interpret special contract conditions. Ensure that procedures & materials comply with plans, specs, and approved submittals. Assist in negotiating proposed changes with Architects/Engineers/Contractors. Generate and/or review daily field reports and directive information/scope. Monitor coordination of all trades to complete project on schedule. Review pay applications. Track and follow up on RFI's. Partner in evaluation of proposed back charges to contractors. Prepare punch list and monitor completion. Participate in the completion of contractor evaluations. Secure close out documents/attend post mortems. Work with Project Management to secure Certification of Occupancy . Required Experience/Qualifications: (5) Years of construction supervision experience or Journeyman's license / Associates degree in related field and (3) Years of Construction supervision experience. Working knowledge of project management process and construction contracting. Strong blueprint reading skills. Experience in various types of renovation projects. Ability to generate and forecast construction schedules. Desired Qualifications: Construction Management Degree. Building or General Contractor's License. Basic computer skills within a windows environment
Basic Qualifications Pre-Field Phase
• Participates in the development and review of the safety plan, provides constructability analysis, and value engineering recommendations.
• Participates in Pre and Post Bid meetings, and provides input as appropriate.
• Verifies existing site conditions against design documents.
• Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and manage site logistics plan, including staging areas, property access, and traffic control.
• Identifies and monitors applicable points of coordination at multiple levels.
• Participates in developing the Application for Pay Schedule of Values.
• Implements the overall safety program in close coordination with Safety.
• Ensures quality in the field or fabrication shop.
• Arbitrates on-site conflicts.
• Assures contractor/manufacturer compliance with contract drawings, schedule and specifications, applicable codes, and Disney standards.
• Reviews, monitors, and updates project schedule, including 3-week look-ahead schedules.
• Coordinates site access and interface with contractor(s), operations, vendors, and governmental agencies. Elevate issues to Construction Manager as appropriate.
• Monitors “ testing agency” activities and ensures proper coverage on-site as required.
• Prepares daily log of contractor work activities and compares accomplishments to contractor’ s daily reports. Tracks onsite personnel, equipment used, and progress.
• Engages designers and engineers as needed to resolve engineering issues.
• Provides detailed scopes to create directives. Directs contractors according to FAM guidelines.
• Able to work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances, e.G. Long hours in isolated settings, evening and weekend work, ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines.
• Resolves and delivers punch list items in a timely fashion.
• Participates in project reconciliations.
• Assists in directive settlement process.