Midland, TX 79706
8: 00am to 5: 00pm
Field work entails processing core at drilling rigs or going to producing wells and collect samples. Lab work entails setup and running of test programs. Lab Assist with maintenance of test equipment and clean-up of lab and lab equipment.
- Know and understand company's Enterprise Excellence Program and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Assist with maintaining Field equipment in good working order.
- Gather test parts and equipment and set up tests.
- Assist with inventory of rock, water, oil and gas samples.
- Assist with operating test equipment (Porosimeter, Permeameter, SRA, XRD, XRF.).
- Conclude test setups and maintain and calibrate equipment properly.
- Maintain the appearance of office, lab and grounds around the facility.
- Clean up test facility and test equipment as required.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
• Ability to read a measuring tape, micrometer, and calipers.
• Knowledge of testing equipment used and tests to be performed.
• Computer competency; Excel, Word
• 1-2 years experience in testing environment in Oil & Gas
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.