Engineering Training Technologist
Richland, WA 99354 US
This position works a 9/80 schedule, offering every other Friday off.
Supports the engineering implementation of the Quality Learning Management programs and processes.
The Engineering Training Technologist is responsible for the development and maintenance of engineering learning for the engineering Training team on the High-Level Waste Facility (HLW) on the Waste Treatment Plant (WTP) Project. They will use the ADDIE model to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate new and existing training needs. The Engineering Training Technologist will be responsible for maintaining existing instructor-led training in PowerPoint and online learning developed in Articulate Storyline. They will also be responsible for assessing requests for new training, determining the appropriate learning solution, and developing training if needed.
The Senior Learning Specialist will also with administration of the Project’ s Learning Management System (LMS), SuccessFactors. Responsibilities include building and updating course content, updating curriculum content, updating learner’ s learning profiles, recording learning completions for instructor-led classes, conducting routine audits of LMS entries, and troubleshooting user and course issues.
• Associate’ s or bachelor’ s degree in technical field (e.G., Engineering, Science, IT) from an accredited university, or in lieu of degree, nine years’ experience related to this described role.
• Develops, coordinates, implements, and administers authorized training and development programs for a medium-sized facility, including on the job training as well as on-site and off-site courses and programs
• Provides technical expertise and assistance to management personnel to establish training and development program requirements
• Determines, with the assistance of management personnel, the general training and development program requirements to comply with management and/or client directives
• Develops or obtains training materials as required
• Arranges for technical assistance as required
• Administers and monitors all training and development programs to ensure goals are attained, schedules are met, modifications are made as necessary and reporting requirements are observed
• Ensures that a comprehensive training records system is established and maintained
• May be asked to support requirements management with maintaining the Requirements Management database
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written)
• Ability to read and follow procedures
• Experience in full lifecycle ADDIE course development
• Demonstrated experience with Articulate Storyline
• Experience with the full ADDIE lifecycle
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
• US Citizenship required
• Ability to use a computer and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
• Reasoning skills for problem identification and resolution
• Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
• Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple concurrent tasks
• Previous experience with SAP SuccessFactors LMS administration
• Previous experience with DOORS
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Past experience on WTP, DOE, or commercial nuclear projects
• Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards associated with the design, construction, and procurement of nuclear facilities (Department of Energy (DOE) Order 414.1, NQA-1, and 10 CFR 830)