Danvers, MA 01923 US
We are small manufacturing operation, about 120 employees with 2-4 people in the engineering group, so we are looking for a hand on Engineering Manager, with electrical background but BSEE is is not necessary.
We are a manufacturer of custom electro –mechanical elements for OEMs in high reliability applications. Some of the most important companies in the Medical Device, Test & Measurement, Semiconductor industries value us for our quality, service and dependability.
The Engineering Manager leads the technical and design teams in our organization. They are responsible for all facets of our customer and market driven development projects including product design, prototyping, customer acceptance and product launch/commercialization.
Primary Accountabilities –Engineering Organization Management
·Supervise, mentor, and lead a team of engineers, providing guidance, support, and professional development.
- New product design, BOM/Routing development, cost estimating, prototyping/pilot development.
- Develop, improve, manage, and measure all of the Engineering related workflows that determine customer satisfaction.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects that increase customer satisfaction, lower costs, and improve quality and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Manage & track engineering projects. Ensure all projects are aligned with company objectives, resourced appropriately, executed according to specifications, and fall within budget and time constraints.
- Work cross functionally to develop and implement manufacturing processes to achieve company goals.
- Drive innovation and best practices based on the latest industry trends by implementing new technologies into our processes.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.G., product management, design, purchasing, production, and quality assurance) to ensure seamless integration of engineering efforts and alignment with overall business objectives.
Secondary Accountabilities –New Customer/Project Wins
- Act as a representative and a resource for the technical contacts with our customer’s design and engineering teams.
- Support Sales and Applications Engineering to help them win new projects and customers.
- Develop test methods and equipment to validate product performance and ensure customer acceptance.
- Design new components and work with Purchasing to identify/approve sources.
- Engineering projects completed.
- New customer/project wins.
- NPI process efficiency and success rate.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with proficiency on the electrical side (Electrical Engineering degree is not required)
- 5+ years of engineering management experience in a technical/manufacturing environment
- Experience implementing lean principles in both engineering and production processes.