Electronics Technician III
Electronics Technician III, TX 77056
8: 00am to 5: 00pm
Under minimal supervision, troubleshoot, test, and assemble electrical and electro-mechanical assemblies. Assists in configuring, preparing, maintaining, utilizing, and or designing test stations and test equipment. Performs test with instructions and documentation. May do light assembly of electronic components, wiring harnesses, connectors, and mechanical assemblies.
The technician must apply the principles and theories of electronics and engineering mathematics when testing and troubleshooting electronic circuitry.
• Interpret assembly drawings, schematics, and procedures.
• Knowledgeable and skilled with basic test equipment. (Multi-meter, Oscilloscope, Waveform Generator, Power Supplies)
• Prototype, test, repair, modify and troubleshoot electronic circuits and systems.
• Setup and run tests with minimal engineering support.
• Create test procedures with minimal engineering support. This includes creating sketches
• Develop wiring diagrams, layout drawings for system or equipment modifications or expansion.
• Perform failure analysis and communicate findings effectively using web based software and standalone reports.
• Supports manufacturing (testing).
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• Experience with down hole MWD/LWD logging tools
• Technical degree or license required
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
• Windchill experience – (unlikely they will have experience
• Any kind of documentation where they are using schematics, engineering product management programs –
• Reasonably capable of using a computer and basic documentation
• Very, very detailed orientated
• 3-5+ years' experience working with electronics (working in an Engineering environment)
• Knowledge or Basic knowledge of configuration
• Writing procedures
• Oilfield/Downhole (LWD or Wireline) or Aerospace experience is a plus
• Strong technical background